I finally gave up my Blackberry, after having been a fan for two generations of that business-focused phone.
I had been considering the I-Phone. My choice of the Droid Pro gives me a business phone that incorporates the best features of Apple's phone and RIM's Blackberry.
It was our Information Technologies guy Ron Spiegel who made the recommendation of the Droid Pro, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.
Business Related Improvements
These are the business related improvements over the I-Phone and the Blackberry from my point of view:
1. Hard Keyboard and touchscreen combo. (This is what killed the IPhone for me. I was so used to the Blackberry's hard keyboard.)
It's a blend of touch screen technology and a hard keyboard. Motorola's keyboard is re-designed with ridges on the keys. It's a subtle thing that makes it easier to type on the keyboard.
2. Multiple Email accounts push automatically to the Droid Pro as they did on my Blackberry. Does the IPhone do that? I don't know.
3. PDF documents from Title are much easier to size and read than they were on the Blackberry, and then it's a breeze to forward them to my REALTORs and clients.
4. Apps and Widgets. The strong point (IMHO) of the IPhone is the library of applications. Blackberry missed the boat on the importance and usefulness of applications, and while my Droid Pro doesn't have the library of apps that Apple offers, it has what I need.
5. Last, and not least, the Droid Pro locks with the swipe of a finger across the screen before I put it in the holster. No more annoying female voice directing me to "Say a command..."
I'm Mike in Tucson, your preferred Tucson Mortgage Lender.
SUNSTREET MORTGAGE llc ~ Correspondent Mortgage Bank
Offices (AZ) Mesa, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Nogales, and Albuquerque, NM.