We've passed the 172,000 mark in AR membership, and I've noticed an interesting phenomonon with new Active Rain members that I don't remember seeing in the past. It's a self-isolation of members who still post to their AR blog, but who have stopped commenting regularly on others' posts.
AR Principle: Imitate Success
How do I know that? I check your Points Summary from time to time to see what's successful, reasoning that if something's working for you, maybe it will work for me too. I'm always looking for what works, and here's what I've found:
- The most Active Rainers invite others to the party. Did you know that bringing other Active Rainers on board will build up your ranking in the Rain?
To do this, click on STATES on the banner up top, see the pulldown menu, and click at random on any State or Canadian Province. Choose the most successful Rainer in that State or Province, and on the left hand side of their Profile Page you'll see a link for Points Summary. Click that link, and you'll see where all their points originated. It's a profile of their Active Rain "life."
- The most Active Rainers interact with others regularly, and they're rewarded with new and potentially valuable relationships. The reason this doesn't happen all the time? Interaction in social media requires time. Giving time to what I call my "Rain Life" requires discipline, and that's a word we don't hear much about in our "instant gratification" oriented society.
AR Principle: Interact With Others For Referrals
Interaction is the basis for your business growth on Active Rain or any other socia media. It's the basis for the growth of any relationship based on trust, whether business or personal.
I'm a member of a BNI (Business Networking International) chapter in Tucson, and we meet weekly specifically to refer business. BNI taught me the value of creating relationships through interaction, and there are distinct steps to the process. You can't skip the first two and hope to get the third.
- Visibility: Interact with me, and I'll remember who you are.
- Credibility: Interact consistently, and I'll come to know and trust you.
- Profitability: If we know, like and trust each other, we'll refer business.
Conclusion: Balance your Active Rain experience for success.
Invite others to make the Active Rain Real Estate Network part of their business model. Interact regularly with others on Active Rain. Don't give up on posting, reading and commenting because you don't feel like doing it today. Make it a discipline, and it will pay you back in spades!
I track my leads, and Active Rain accounts for half of my business referrals as a lender. Not only that, but it also provides me with leads to refer out. It's my most valuable resource.
I'm Mike in Tucson, your preferred Tucson Mortgage lender.
Call me on my Blackberry (520) 349-9090
content copyright Mike in Tucson